Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Reflections

This year has been a strange one in many regards.
I was messing around with a girl from my past for six months, I've been having a great time being single since, I didn't go to my festival in Tennissee, and I'm not working at a haunted house. Not to mention the slew of weddings I have attended. I haven't written much at all so far this year, and I've been spending my time immersed in role-playing games, drinking, and flirting.
I also think I have become a better person, insomuch as at one point, I received praise from all of my friends for an act that they all attributed higher moral reasoning to than I did. What was different about this is that I wanted that praise, wanted them to think of me that way, and so from then on, have been doing similar things for the correct moral reasons rather than feigned ones.
These acts are unsung, and yet, that's how they should be. I received enough praise for the wrong reason once to last me a lifetime of doing that action for the right reasons every time.

All in all, I would say that this year so far hasn't been any worse than other years, and yet, not any better either.
I have decided to be a better person, and various ways have made themselves known.
*shrugs*
I don't really have a conclusion to this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home