Monday, September 11, 2006

Forced Réchauffé

So I got exactly what I needed last night... which almost never happens.
As a result, I have made decisions that needed to be made, and taken steps to rectify certain situations.
If there is one thing that I have found to be true, it is that we can't trust ourselves to be strong all the time. No matter what we tell ourselves, no matter how hard we try, if we put ourselves in situations that are rife with temptation, we will fail.
I know more about myself now than I used to, which is of course, the goal.
I know that if I tell myself something, I won't necessarily listen, and thus, if I am truly adamant about a certain thing, I shouldn't allow the temptation to foster in my soul, I should remove myself from the situation completely.
Which is now going into effect.

Another thing I know about myself that I didn't before.
If I get a gut feeling about something, It's pretty much true.
If more than sixty percent of me feels that something is wrong, something is fucked up, It generally is.
The only part about knowing this is that I found out the hard way... which I have come to know is the only way I learn.
The most recent "benefit" of this knowledge has allowed me to build up resilience to the wiles of a certain succubus through the cheapening of the feelings I had for her, and knowing the truth of the time we spent together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home