Monday, August 14, 2006

Sell the Kids for Food

I absolutely hate money.
I will be enduring hardships for the next ten days, while looking for a job where I can work 25-30 hours a week on top of what I work now, just to pull in an extra 240 every two weeks.
Starbucks is close to my house, perhaps I can get on there.

I have officially quit smoking as of today.
I have been without cigarettes while in jail for three days before, but lit one up just as soon as i got out, because i could, and I had them. This time I don't have them, don't have a way to get them, and can't bring myself to bum cigarettes until i have money again in ten days(which of course, will all go toward food).
Plus I have figured out that mybe cigarettes do suppress your appetite, but if you haven't eaten more than a snickers bar in two days, cigarettes are a horrible idea( I found this out about two weeks ago.)

Girl started work today, and is having about the same money problems that I am, except for different reasons.

So Alex seems to think that the fact that my girl got off drugs was directly related to me and my actions.
I have repeatedly told him that nobody quits drugs unless they want to.
Regardless the point of this is that Alex is trying to get a particular girl off drugs, because(from my point of view) he has fallen in love with the idea of marrying a girl and having kids with her within five years, and for whatever reason, he thinks this drug addict is the one he wants.
I don't know if he thinks that my relationship with Larkin is a shining beacon of hope when it comes to guys pulling girls out of addiction to "nurse them back to health" and then marry them down the road or something, but I assure you, my relationship with Larkin is nothing like that.

it was just good luck that she decided to quit drugs when she did, because I wouldn't have stuck around waiting much longer, in fact, I had already moved on when I found out she was quitting.
I didn't nurse her back to health, I was merely there when she needed me, though she never wanted my help. I am in no way "hoping to marry this girl." i am dating her now, I would like to see where this relationship goes. That's that. I mean, yes, you date people to see if you are compatible with them, which in the long run leads to marriage at our age, but... I'm not running up to her saying, "Oooh, let's see if we like each other enough to get married.... your really hot!"


Alex has gotten himself into a mindset that in order not to fall behind, he has to marry a girl and have kids within five years. this is stupid, because he's not searching for the one, and hoping, he will be contented with anything he can get within time to have his kids.

more on this later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's really not anything I can say that you won't be able to figure out for yourself. Despite everything you might hate about yourself, there are still people who see a lot in you. There are many things about you that I envy and wish I had.

A life built on hate will quickly crumble. You'll push people away and find yourself even more hateful for it. My only advice is to find something pure, regardless of what others think of it, and hold onto it.

"End? No, the journey doesn't end here... The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all change to silver glass... And then you see it... White shores... and beyond. The far green country under a swift sunrise."
-Gandalf

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home